Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baseball Game and Manual Settings


baseball bombers (1 of 1), originally uploaded by Brannon E..

Now, I'm no big sports fan and I really have no desire to get into that kind of photography, but this isn't bad. A photographer friend of mine told me once he sets the ISO to auto and just lets the camera handle things. Hmmmmm. Now I've been shooting about 95% of my shots in aperture priority and it works great for me, but it seemed that whenever I set the ISO that's where it tended to stay.

Well, I was playing with the settings on the camera and made up my mind I was just going to have to shoot in manual to get what I was after and 'lo and behold, the camera started choosing the ISO for me. Sooooooooo, if you're shooting a Nikon D40 and want Auto ISO to work, don't shoot in aperture priority.

I'm coming to the conclusion that before long I'll be shooting in manual mode 95% of the time. That camera is great, but I still don't think it's smarter than me. I spend a lot of time trying to overcome what a program mode is trying to lock me into.

No comments:

Post a Comment